1. What are Mobile Alerts? Mobile Alerts are text messages you receive on your mobile phone or PDA. Currently we offer Breaking News alerts, Weather Alerts, and UConn alerts.
NEWS to 37798
For Weather alerts text WEATHER to 37798
For Traffic alerts text TRAFFIC to 37798
For Business News alerts text BIZ to 37798
For UConn Football alerts text UCONNFB to 37798
For UConn Men's Basketball news text UCONNMB to 37798
For UConn Women's Basketball news text UCONNWB to 37798
For Entertainment News alerts text ENT to 37798
For A La Carte Dining News alerts text DINE to 37798
For Savvy Shopper Deals alerts text SHOP to 37798
For Contests alerts text CONTESTS to 37798
For SaveNowCT Deals alerts text SAVENOWCT to 37798
For CTShopsHere Deals alerts text CTSHOPS to 37798
You can also check out a signup form online by clicking here.
2. Do I have to register on the website to receive Mobile Alerts? No. Signing up for Mobile Alerts does not require registration on the website.
3. How many alerts will I get?The maximum number of alerts you will receive in a week is 14. Though it would be highly unlikely you'd ever receive that many in a week.
5. If I sign up for one alert, do I get them all? No, you must sign up for each alert individually.
6. How do I stop the alerts? To stop receiving alerts, you may either reply STOP to a message you receive, or To end Breaking News alerts text STOP NEWS to 37798
To end Weather alerts text STOP WEATHER to 37798
To end Traffic alerts text STOP TRAFFIC to 37798
To end Business News alerts text STOP BIZ to 37798
To end UConn Football alerts text STOP UCONNFB to 37798
To end UConn Men's Basketball news text STOP UCONNMB to 37798
To end UConn Women's Basketball news text STOP UCONNWB to 37798
To end Entertainment News alerts text STOP ENT to 37798
To end A La Carte Dining News alerts text STOP DINE to 37798
To end Savvy Shopper Deals alerts text STOP SHOP to 37798
To end Contests alerts text STOP CONTESTS to 37798
To end SaveNowCT Deals alerts text STOP SAVENOWCT to 37798
To end CTShopsHere Deals alerts text STOP CTSHOPS to 37798
7. Which carriers is this program available on? AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Nextel, Boost, Alltel, US Cellular. Message and data rates may apply. Contact your carrier for more details.
8. What is on your mobile site? Our mobile sites contain many of the same stories as our websites, but in a customized format that is easy to read on your mobile device.
9. Why would I use the mobile site if it has the same content as the regular website? The mobile site is more convenient when you are away from a computer. You can read the news on the bus or train on your way to work in the morning. You can look up UConn or check the weather when you are out and about. It's quick, easy and convenient.
10. How often do the stories change? Stories are updated throughout the day just as our online sites are. So come back often to see new and updated local, national and international stories.
11. Does using the mobile sites cost me anything? We do not charge you to access to the mobile sites. However, your carrier may charge you to access to the internet from your mobile device. Check your cellular phone contract, or contact your carrier for details about these charges.
12. Do I have to register to use the mobile sites? No. We do not require registration to use the mobile sites.
13. How do I get information? Text HELP to 37798 for information.
Other questions or comments? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org