POSITION: Weekend Anchor/News Reporter
REPORTS TO: Assistant News Director
ROLE: Anchor weekend newscasts and report news stories for weekday newscasts
- Anchor newscasts on weekends, fill-in as directed. Must be credible, personable, passionate.
- Write, edit, produce daily news stories including vo's, vo/sot's and packages that will air in newscasts.
- Generate and setup news stories daily
- Establish and maintain news contacts in the community
- Report "live" spot news stories
- Enterprise special reports
- Report on set or in newsroom
- Provide content to all platforms (and partners) of the CT1 newsroom including text, blogging, video and other content, as needed.
- Suggest news stories daily
- Supervise the editing of and/or edit news packages
- Read newspapers and competitive websites daily
- Participate in community and charity events as requested.
- Position requires performance of other job related duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree preferably in journalism or political science
- Previous TV reporting and anchoring experience
- Good attitude and team player
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE:An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request.Copyright © 2015, CT Now