POSITION: Web Producer
REPORTS TO: Digital Platform Manager
ROLE: Web producer will oversee the creation and social distribution of unique web content for foxct.com. The producer will also work with newspaper partner, other local news sites and TV stations in Tribune Broadcasting network to promote FOX CT videos and stories. Will spot trending stories and produce and package relevant and compelling content, with emphasis on original digital video content. Web producer is well versed in social media, SEO and other tools to grow FOXCT’s digital audience while increasing engagement with viewers across all platforms.
- Cover breaking news and ensure site has latest updates on key stories
- Promote FOX CT content to other news sites and aggregators to help grow our audience
- Identify opportunities to match FOX CT videos with content on other news sites
- Distribute FOX CT content through use of social media using latest and emerging tools and techniques.
- Spot viral, trending stories and create content – stories, videos – to respond in an intelligent and timely fashion
- Find raw video and other visual content that has the potential to go viral
- Create unique web content – videos, Google Hangouts, Vines, etc.
- Be a champion for best web journalism practices and a coach to staff on producing better web content
- Produce periodic special enterprise projects with a focus on local news
- Use web metric tools such as Google Analytics to spot trends and identify opportunities for foxct.com.
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism
- Minimum of 2-3 years of web news production experience
- Comfortable with working on a range of content management systems.
- Expert in use of social media to promote and distribute news content
- Passion for the news and digital presentation.
- Curiosity about latest digital tools and a willingness to experiment with new ways to tell stories.
- Must be highly organized and cool under pressure.
- Sharp news judgment and the ability to write clearly and accurately under deadline pressure
An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request.
How To Apply:
FOX CT & The CT
Attn: Human Resources
285 Broad Street
Hartford, CT 06115
Other Positions at CT1 Media
For positions at The Hartford Courant, The Hartford Advocate, or any of our
other properties at CT1 Media, please visit ct1media.com.Copyright © 2015, CT Now