12:05 PM EST, November 11, 2013
POSITION: Sales Associate
REPORTS TO: Regional Sales Manager (with a dotted line to other Sales Mangers)
ROLE: Assist the members of the sales department in local sales related clerical duties as assigned. Act as assistant to all WTIC/WCCT – TV sales managers. Train to become Account Executive.
- Direct support to Director of Sales and Regional Sales Managers – administrative needs, answer phones, etc.
- Support Local Account Executives with clerical needs.
- Act as office manager for the sales department (ordering supplies, etc.).
- Contact clients with commercial times by phone, e-mail or fax.
- Order input and maintenance, make good preempted spots, pull posts and compare estimated rates with actual performance in Wide Orbit system.
- Assist Account Executives in posting on-air schedules.
- Liaison between sales department and other CT1 Media departments.
- Route interdepartmental correspondence (i.e. orders to traffic department).
- Maintain database of clients and mailing lists.
- Assist with preparation of sales presentations, power points presentations, packages.
- Act as backup to Account Executives.
- Act as a backup for the National Desk.
- Handle clients needs and questions – send reports, weekly pre/post logs, invoices, and correspondence as needed.
- Train to become outside Account Executive.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (college degree preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong computer skills – knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point required
- Typing skills – accuracy and speed important
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit, One Domain desirable
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to handle multi-tasks under deadline pressure
- Must have ability and desire to become outside Account Executive
An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request
How To Apply:Regular Mail
FOX CT & The CT
Attn: Human Resources
285 Broad Street
Hartford, CT 06115
Other Positions at CT1 Media
For positions at The Hartford Courant, The Hartford Advocate, or any of our
other properties at CT1 Media, please visit ct1media.com.