REPORTS TO: Director of Integrated Photography
ROLE: Gather news stories on video.
- Shoot and edit video for award winning newscasts including packages, Vo’s/VOSOTS and natural sound packages.
- Additional focus on still frames and caption information for our websites and our media partner, The Hartford Courant.
- Set up for live shots on very short notice.
- Run an ENG live truck. Helpful if you can run SNG truck.
- Drive and maintain news vehicles.
- Suggest story ideas.
- Read newspapers, competitive websites and follow social media daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- At least two years TV news experience
- Must have valid license and good driving record
- Experience in shooting and editing stories on a daily deadline basis
- Familiarity with Final Cut a plus
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have good attitude and be a team player
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs. of equipment (camera, tripod, lighting and audio equipment)
- Must be able to work under pressure
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request.