POSITION: P/T Weekend Newscast Director
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
ROLE: Direct a two hour newscast every Saturday and Sunday morning. Act as a fill in Director for all other shows, live or taped.
- Serve as television director for Weekend AM News and for locally produced programs including, but not limited to: Newscasts; Public Affairs programs; Lottery Drawings; Telethons; Live Call-In Shows.
- Supervise technical crew during live shows and pre-production sessions.
- Prepare show rundowns for newscasts.
- Switch and Direct shows as assigned.
- Coordinate with show producers during development and scriptwriting.
- Position requires performance of other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years directing live and taped programs, with at least one year directing live newscast.
- Experience with various broadcast switchers Ross, Grass Valley, Sony, or equivalent.
- Experience with Ross OverDrive or similar automated news systems a plus.
- Experience with ENPS or I-NEWS.
- Ability to switch your own shows a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise technical crews.
- Experience with live remote broadcasts a plus.
- Strong computer skills a must.
- Proven post production experience in either broadcast or production house.
- An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request.
EOE M/F/V/D 12/1/10