TRIBUNE BROADCASTING POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION: Captioning Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Closed Captioning Center
REPORTS TO: Closed Captioning Manager
ROLE: Perform independently a variety of clerical/administrative duties following defined routines, work methods and procedures, completing transactions by following through on details such as typing, data entry, verifying, counting and completing budgetary, project-management, technical, statistical reports to support departmental goals. Full-time and part-time positions are non-exempt. Tribune Broadcasting's Closed Captioning Center will be located in Hartford at CT1-Media - home of FOX CT (WTIC - TV), The CT (WCCT - TV), The Hartford Courant, The Hartford Advocate, The New Haven Advocate, Fairfield County Weekly's and Valumail.
- Answer phones, directing calls or questions to appropriate staff members
- Manage calendar, schedule staff and maintain contact information/phone list
- Make postings to record and/or write information onto forms to prepare reports and logs
- Index, file and retrieve records and information
- Review caption output for quality and forward to the Captioning Manager for action
- Respond to customer service issues and coordinate resolution
- Report personnel issues to the Caption Center manager
- Be the primary customer service contact for Closed Captioning requests
- Work with Caption Center manager to improve processes
- Responsible for providing excellent service to customers
- Maintain and/or create various management budget and billing reports by collecting, consolidating data and ensure timely delivery of such reports (may involve mathematical calculations and excel formulas)
- Must be punctual, dependable, flexible and possess a team attitude and willingness to adapt to last-minute changes to programming and industry that runs 24/7/365.
- Support the operation of the department by performing a wide range of additional administrative, project-management, technical and/or clerical functions and other miscellaneous duties that may be assigned to support the goals of the department and department Manager
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Broadcast captioning experience desirable but not required
- Excellent written/verbal communication, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is critical
- Must display a professional, approachable and calm demeanor at all times.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Out Look
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE:An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request.
EOE M/F/V/D 2/18/11Copyright © 2015, CT Now