8:54 AM EST, December 27, 2012
WTIC/WCCT - TV POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION: New Business Development Account Executive
REPORTS TO: Director, New Business Development
ROLE: Generate revenue on the local sales level through the selling of commercial time to direct retailers, agency business, and regional accounts. Direct responsibility for developing, servicing and growing New Business Accounts.
• Develop, service, and grow revenues from New Business Accounts.
• Sell TV spot availabilities, programs and sponsorships directly to clients.
• Utilize Qualitap and TV Scan materials for research presentations.
• Develop business for FoxCT.com.
• Coordinate activities with Director, New Business Development.
• Conceive, develop, prepare and present sales and research materials to clients.
• Originate and maintain sales contracts, sales records (late runs, makegoods, etc.) and correspondence with accounts.
• Ensure orders are properly scheduled.
• Follow up on credit applications, billing discrepancies and accounts receivable.
• Obtain necessary commercial material and scheduling instructions; provide same to traffic department.
• Develop new direct and vendor business.
• Achieve and exceed individual revenue plan for New Business, Sales Promotions, and FoxCT.com.
• Position requires performance of other job-related duties as assigned.
• College degree preferred
• Electronic media sales experience preferred
• Direct sales skills
• Negotiation and presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong communications skills, in person and phone
• Team player
• Goal oriented self-motivator
• Must have valid drivers license and own transportation
• Proficient with basic computer skills. (Microsoft Word and Excel)
• Responsible for a portion of the established Local Sales Department’s budget.
• Responsible to maximize revenue generation from the assigned account list
How to Apply:
FOX CT & The CT
Attn: Human Resources
285 Broad Street
Hartford, CT 06115
Other Positions at CT1 Media
For positions at The Hartford Courant, The Hartford Advocate, or any of our
other properties at CT1 Media, please visit ct1media.com.