REPORTS TO: Chief Photographer
ROLE: To gather news stories on video
- Shoot and edit video for award winning AM newscasts including packages, Vo's/VOSOTS and natural sound packages
- Additional focus on still frames and caption information for our websites and our media partner, The Hartford Courant
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs. of equipment (camera, tripod, lighting and audio equipment)
- Must be able to set up for live shots on very short notice
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Run an ENG live truck. Helpful if you can run SNG truck.
- Drive and maintain news vehicles
- Suggest story ideas
- Read newspapers and websites daily
- Position requires performance of other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Two years TV news experience
- Must have valid license and good driving record
- Experience in shooting and editing stories on a daily deadline basis
- Familiarity with Final Cut a plus
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have good attitude and be a team player
- Suggest story ideas daily
- An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position is attached.