WTIC/WCCT - TV JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Broadcast Engineering
ROLE: Acts as a Broadcast Maintenance Engineer for WTIC/WCCT – TV in Hartford, CT.
• Ensure that the News studio and Television station are operating at peak efficiency at all times, all redundant systems are operational and both stations are on the air 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Monitor and repair, switchers, routers, monitors, satellite receivers, cameras, disk-based broadcast equipment, computer operated broadcast equipment and other electronic equipment. Perform routine diagnostics on equipment so that it remains in peak performance.
• Repair and align field and studio cameras. Understand the Operation of all news studio equipment and be ready to step in and assist studio personal as required.
• Ensure that parts are requested so that equipment repairs are made as soon as possible.
• Notify Managers, Engineering staff, and Director of Broadcast Engineering of any maintenance problems that may affect the operation of the technical plant.
• Install new equipment, run and terminate cables, and document the installation using a wire-list database and CAD type programs.
• Answer questions by staff about the correct operation of all broadcast equipment located within the technical plant.
• Ability to think forward, working outside of the standardized broadcast model finding and creating cost effective solutions to challenges as they arise.
• Provide PC and MAC Desktop support, provide basic TCP/IP and INTERNET support.
• Other duties as assigned.
• AS ET or certificate from an electronics technical school preferred
• FCC license or SBE certification desired
• Work with WAMP and LAMP Technology
• Linux experience and understanding preferred
• 2-5 years of studio broadcast TV electronic repair experience
• Ability to troubleshoot electronic problems to component level
• Experience with RF transmission systems preferred
• Knowledge of computer information systems preferred
An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request
EOE M/F/V/DCopyright © 2015, CT Now