POSITION: HR Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Director Human ResourcesTribune Company. This position will serve as the HR Business Partner for 2-4 remote locations with oversight of HR-related matters for assigned stations. The HRM will be critical in establishing the company values, strategies, processes and policies related to recruitment, employee / labor relations, performance management, training and development, etc. Plays a key role in the development of functional strategy, representing the company in this knowledge area, and coordinating the needs of the employee population. Accountable for the alignment of the Human Resources strategy with the overall business strategy ensuring overall organizational and station success.
- Participate in key HR initiatives including staffing, performance management, compensation, development and engagement
- Work with centralized talent acquisition team to set and maintain standards around recruitment process.
- Identify recruiting needs, develop sources for qualified candidates; facilitate screening, and selection of applicants working with management
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives
- Responsible for investigations, conflict resolution, employee communications and management coaching
- Counsel employee and management regarding employee relations issues to bring about positive resolution. Ensure management practices are consistent with all federal, state and local legislation and regulations.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, and practices
- Provide compensation and benefit information including answering questions, directing employees to the Tribune Benefits Service Center and coordinate compensation analyses with corporate resources.
- Recommends, develops, implements and communicates HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with FCC & EEOC employment practices and applicable employment laws and regulations
- Provide interpretation and compliance with collective bargaining agreements and provide counsel / advice regarding concerns about contractual issues (when applicable)
- Creates standard and ad hoc management reports.
- Engage and support the leaders of multiple site populations in all employee relations, staff development and management support
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, industrial relations, business administration or related equivalent experience. Graduate degree in human resources management or business administration preferred with minimum 5-8 years of HR generalist experience.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with management and employees.
- The ability to communicate and champion HR & company processes is strongly desired.
- Must have experience in a union environment and understanding the complexities of workforce within a client group which may be geographically dispersed.
- Ability to research, summarize, form conclusions and articulate recommendations to resolve various HR-related issues.
- Excellent communication, organization, facilitation and creative problem solving skills are also required.
- Excellent leadership, critical thinking, problem solving, project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to act as a change agent and lead change management initiatives and training.
- Innovative and creative in thinking and solutions driven.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable State and Federal employment laws and general business practices
- Solid business acumen.
- Experienced on HRIS, applicant tracking systems, and proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Must be flexible to work at remote location while reporting to HR leadership at a Regional office.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Previous experience in television or entertainment industry and Union experience a plus
An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request.
How To Apply:
FOX CT & The CT
Attn: Human Resources
285 Broad Street
Hartford, CT 06115
Other Positions at CT1 Media
For positions at The Hartford Courant, The Hartford Advocate, or any of our
other properties at CT1 Media, please visit ct1media.com.