REPORTS TO: Production Manager
ROLE: Direct newscasts and other live and taped programs.
• Serve as television director for locally produced programs including, but not limited to: Newscasts; Public Affairs programs; Lottery Drawings; and live events, such as The MDA Telethon, etc…
• Manage and supervise technical crew during pre-production sessions.
• Code the daily newscast for Ross OverDrive.
• Prepare show rundowns with camera blocking for floor crew.
• Direct and switch shows as assigned, using Ross OverDrive.
• Coordinate with show producers during development and scriptwriting.
• Provide creative and technical feedback to production manager and art department to facilitate show graphic and animation creation.
• Complete technical reports after each newscast.
• May be asked to perform other production responsibilities such as Robotics, Audio, Jib, etc…
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum two years of directing live and taped long format programs, with at least one year directing live newscasts.
• Ability to switch your own shows a plus.
• Experience with: Ross Vision Switcher and OverDrive, Grass Valley switchers/Ignite, Sony Digital switcher and DVE’s a must; Digital video servers or equivalent, Vinten Robotic Cameras, and VIZ RT or equivalent.
• Familiarity with ENPS newsroom computer system desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise technical crews.
• Experience with Live Remote Broadcasts a plus.
• Flexible working weekends and holidays required
An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request
How To Apply:
Other Positions at CT1 Media
For positions at The Hartford Courant, The Hartford Advocate, or any of our
other properties at CT1 Media, please visit ct1media.com.