7:05 PM EST, January 18, 2013
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
ROLE: Direct newscasts and other live and taped programs.
• Serve as television director for locally produced programs including, but not limited to: Newscasts; Public Affairs programs; Lottery Drawings; and live events, such as The MDA Telethon, etc…
• Manage and supervise technical crew during pre-production sessions.
• Code the daily newscast for Ross OverDrive.
• Prepare show rundowns with camera blocking for floor crew.
• Direct and switch shows as assigned, using Ross OverDrive.
• Coordinate with show producers during development and scriptwriting.
• Provide creative and technical feedback to production manager and art department to facilitate show graphic and animation creation.
• Complete technical reports after each newscast.
• May be asked to perform other production responsibilities such as Robotics, Audio, Jib, etc…
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum two years of directing live and taped long format programs, with at least one year directing live newscasts.
• Ability to switch your own shows a plus.
• Experience with: Ross Vision Switcher and OverDrive, Grass Valley switchers/Ignite, Sony Digital switcher and DVE’s a must; Digital video servers or equivalent, Vinten Robotic Cameras, and VIZ RT or equivalent.
• Familiarity with ENPS newsroom computer system desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise technical crews.
• Experience with Live Remote Broadcasts a plus.
• Flexible working weekends and holidays required
An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request
How To Apply:
FOX CT & The CT
Attn: Human Resources
285 Broad Street
Hartford, CT 06115
Other Positions at CT1 Media
For positions at The Hartford Courant, The Hartford Advocate, or any of our
other properties at CT1 Media, please visit ct1media.com.