POSITION: Digital Product Manager
DEPARTMENT: Marketing/Creative Services
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
ROLE: Oversee and manage current and new products for CT1 Media's interactive and digital portfolio – this includes micro sites within Courant.com, CTnow.com, CT.com and classified assets such as cars.com.
• Responsible for providing excellent service to customers within CT1Media and to users, advertisers and the community through regular job duties and as a member of CT1Media team to write, sell, produce and deliver the best newspaper, websites and broadcast products possible.
• Supervise, develop and deploy new digital products that integrate, complement and support cross platform revenue projects.
• Work closely with Programming Department to incorporate modular media into appropriate online channels.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5+ years experience
• Skilled with website development HTML, CSS and Adode Photoshop
• Business and Strategic Planning – ability to understand the basics of determining feasibility of a project from all aspects of the organization
• WordPress – Setup, Development and Maintenance
• Experience with numerous content management systems to be able to very quickly reverse-engineer and learn custom environments
• Verbal and Written Communication – ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal peers and management, outside vendors, clients, etc.
• Constant Contact – all aspects of Email Marketing
• Search engine optimization
• Web analytics
• Social Media
• Well versed in up-to-date digital trends
• Basic understanding of HTML5 and Responsive Web – why it is necessary, how it can help and how to execute.
• Content development
• True understanding of Integrated Marketing
• Strong organizational skills
An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request
EOE M/F/V/D 07/01/12
Other Positions at CT1 Media
For positions at The Hartford Courant, The Hartford Advocate, or any of our
other properties at CT1 Media, please visit ct1media.com.