TRIBUNE BROADCASTING POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION: Closed Captioning Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Closed Captioning Center
REPORTS TO: Closed Captioning Manager
ROLE: Responsible for activities of the Closed Captioning Center for Tribune Broadcasting located in Hartford at CT1-Media - home of FOX CT (WTIC - TV), The CT (WCCT - TV), The Hartford Courant, The Hartford Advocate, The New Haven Advocate, Fairfield County Weekly's and Valumail.
- Supervision of captioning staff - scheduling (regular and on-call).
- Scheduling with outside Vendors as necessary
- Reconciliation of internal and external caption hours for billing
- Manage calendar, schedule staff and maintain contact information/phone list
- Index, file and retrieve records and information
- Ensure Closed Captioning Center quality standards for accuracy and speed are maintained by staff.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Maintenance of department budget.
- Understand day to day operations of working newsroom.
- Must be punctual, dependable, flexible and possess a team attitude and willingness to adapt to last-minute changes to programming and industry that runs 24/7/365.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior management experience
- Broadcast captioning experience or related field
- High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Knowledge of Caption Mic Software highly desirable
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while focusing on a high amount of attention to detail
- Calm/relaxed demeanor
- Comfortable and familiar with computers and new technology
- Ability to perform under pressure with changing priorities
- Ability to work flexible shifts as needed (AM, PM, Weekends)
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
- An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request.
EOE M/F/V/D 3/14/11