POSITION: Broadcast Production Manager
REPORTS TO: SVP/Managing Director
ROLE: To manage and maintain production facilities and supervise daily activities of production staff including weekly scheduling of assignments and duties.
- Prepare and distribute weekly production crew schedule.
- Prepare performance appraisals of technical staff.
- Schedule switcher maintenance and assign directors to build effects for shows as requested.
- Set training schedules for all new and current technical staff.
- Supervise all directors and arrange for training on new show elements as needed.
- Maintain all production studio and remote equipment and facilities.
- Manage lighting and other inventory stock.
- Recommend new equipment purchases.
- Schedule directors for pre-taped news elements, local specials and other station projects.
- Coordinate live VYVX events and prepare monthly VYVX billing.
- Assign directors to develop segment opens and animated graphic elements for nightly newscasts.
- Perform site surveys for all remote productions.
- Work closely with other broadcast and publishing departments to plan remote productions.
- Liaison with broadcast and publishing engineering departments on technical needs for the department.
- Complete nightly newscasts technical reports.
- Position requires performance of other non-identified job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years supervisory or management experience for live newscasts and remote productions.
- Experience and or knowledge of: Ross Vision Switcher and OverDrive, Grass Valley, Sony Digital switchers and DVE's a must; Digital video servers or equivalent, Vinten Robotic Cameras, and VIZ RT or equivalent.
- Familiarity with OPUS newsroom computer system desirable.
- Demonstrated experience supervising technical staff during pre-production sessions.
- Flexibility working weekends and holidays required.
- An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FORWARD RESUME TO:Human Resources, WTIC/WCCT-TV Television, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115or E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.orgCopyright © 2015, CT Now