POSITION: Assignment Editor/Web Producer
REPORTS TO: News Director
- Research, generate, develop and organize daily and future story content for FOX CT and ctnow.com.
- Provide crew with background on news stories.
- Coordinate, assign and monitor news crews on assignment.
- Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
- Work with multi-media journalists and photographers to develop story ideas/coverage.
- Play a strong role in providing daily online content to the ctnow.com website, including writing stories, assessing the competition and expediting the flow of information from journalists in the field to the web and mobile sites.
- Compile web packages that include text, photographs, video and other interactive elements.
- Assist other producers in completing various web projects.
- Read newspapers, competitive websites and follow social media daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in journalism or equivalent related experience
- Must be highly organized and cool under pressure
- Strong computer skills; broad understanding of the Internet and social media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sharp news judgment and the ability to write clearly and accurately under deadline pressure
- Experience in online content management and design a plus
- Creative and versatile in the online presentation of news and information
- Familiar with Connecticut news and contacts helpful
- Good attitude and team player
An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request
How To Apply:
FOX CT & The CT
Attn: Human Resources
285 Broad Street
Hartford, CT 06115
Other Positions at CT1 Media
For positions at The Hartford Courant, The Hartford Advocate, or any of our
other properties at CT1 Media, please visit ct1media.com.