REPORTS TO: News Director
ROLE: Anchors newscasts to convey information and stories to the public. Responsible for reporting when not anchoring. Occasionally responsible for shooting and editing video news stories and producing still content from video for use in print and on-line. Regularly conducts interviews both live and pre-taped; appears on camera and on-line via streaming video when applicable, writes own material, takes ownership of story from start to finish.
• Anchor regularly scheduled newscasts. Fill-in anchoring as directed.
• Act as newsroom leader.
• Write, edit, produce daily news stories including vo’s, vo/sot’s and packages that will air in our daily newscasts.
• Generate and setup news stories daily – evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Suggest daily news stories.
• Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
• Report “live” spot news stories.
• Report on-set, in newsroom or in the field.
• Enterprise special reports.
• Supervise the editing of news packages.
• Engage in community with public appearances.
• Uses various social media platforms to provide updates and news stories to the public.
• Read newspapers, competitive websites and follow social media daily.
• Other duties as assigned.