POSITION: Account Executive
REPORTS TO: Regional Sales Manager
ROLE: Generate revenue on the local sales level through the selling of commercial time to direct retailers, agency business and regional accounts.
- Selling commercial air-time, digital products and event opportunities to existing accounts.
- New Business development by focusing on targets from other media including radio, print, online and cable.
- Increase sales volume while maximizing shares of current business and unit rates.
- Service existing clients with marketing solutions utilizing CT1 Media products.
- Sell and market online advertising opportunities for Tribune websites. Identify and market to previously undeveloped advertisers the value and benefit of TV and digital combined as well as develop new advertisers with our online platforms.
- In person sales calls/presentations.
- Ability to work as a market consultant.
- Concise, well thought out, power point presentations.
- Interdepartmental follow-through.
- Post sale paperwork, internal/external completion while consistently following up with clients to renew deals and insure success.
- Knowledge of station, programming, rates, ratings and competitors.
- Develop action plans and accurate projections of revenue account list.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (college degree preferred)
- Background in media (preferably television)
- Sales experience (experience in broadcast sales preferred, but not required)
- Must be able to present self in a businesslike, professional manner
- Strong communications skills, in person and phone
- Working relationship with Connecticut and regional advertising agencies preferred
- Team player
- Self-motivator, goal oriented
- Must have valid CT drivers license and own transportation
- Good computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Responsible for a portion of the established Local Sales Department’s budget as well as a New Business budget
- Responsible to maximize revenue generation from the assigned account list
An organizational chart illustrating the reporting relationships of this position supplied upon request
How To Apply: